We at RSA America recognize that privacy is very important to our users and customers. We pledge to protect and safeguard any personal information provided to us by our users and customers. This statement does not apply to websites and services that are owned and operated by third parties.
Information We Collect
As you use our services, we collect certain information about you and the services you use. The information we collect falls into three different categories: (1) information you give us; (2) information we collect from you automatically when you use our services; and (3) information we collect from other sources.
Information You Provide to RSA America
We collect the information you provide to us when you sign up and use our services. Examples of information you give us may include your first or last name, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, demographics information, and any other information you give us.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we may collect information about the services you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Purchasing Information–We may collect information about the products you buy, how frequently you buy products, and the rewards earned for your purchases.
- Device and Use Information–When you install one of our mobile applications and use a smartphone, tablet, or another device to access our services, we may collect information about the device and how you use it.
This information may include the device, your operating system, your (IP) address, your device identifier (UDID), the date and time that you accessed our service, and the subject of the ads you click or scroll over. To collect this information, we use certain technologies. See “About Cookies, UUID, and Similar Technologies” Section to learn more about these technologies.
Location Information–When you use a smartphone or other mobile device to access our services or purchase products or services via our services, we may collect information about your physical location.
We may combine this information with other location-based information, such as your IP address and billing or postal code, to give you information about stores near you and to provide you with other services on your mobile device. We share your location information only with companies that help us provide you with services and help us understand how the services are being used. If you want to opt-out of the collection of this location information, please see the section below titled, “Managing Your Options”.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also collect information that is publicly available. For example, we may collect the information you submit to a blog, a chat room, or a social network like Facebook, Twitter, or Google+. We may also collect information about you from other companies and organizations. By gathering additional information about you, we can give you product recommendations and special offers that are more likely to interest you.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including:
- to process your purchases of products and services;
- to communicate with you about orders, purchases, services, accounts, programs, contests, and sweepstakes;
- to respond to your customer service inquiries and requests for information;
- to post your comments or statements on our websites;
- to send you personalized promotions and special offers;
- to inform you about brands, products, events, or other promotional purposes;
- to maintain and improve our sites and the products and services we offer;
- to detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud; and
- to maintain records for internal administrative purposes.
How We Share the Information We Collect
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- When We Work Together–We may share the collected information between RSA America, its subsidiaries, and affiliated companies for proper management and analysis and decision making, including decisions regarding the expansion and promotion of our product and service offering, order or customer request fulfillment, and for use by those companies for the other purposes described in this Statement.
- When We Work with Service Providers–We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as credit card processing, website hosting, email delivery, location mapping, postal mail processing and delivery, and analytics services. We require these companies to refrain from collecting, using, and disclosing your information unless they are performing work for us or when the disclosure of your information required by law.
- When We Work on Business Transactions–If we become involved in a business transaction that causes the sharing of information related to the transaction, we may share your information with business entities or people involved in the transaction.
- When Sharing Helps Us Protect Lawful Interests–We may disclose your information if we believe that the disclosure required by law, if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, or if we believe that the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of RSA America or our clients or partners.
- When We Share with Other Companies for Marketing Purposes – We may share your information with service providers to use your information to provide you with promotions and special offers. We also may share anonymous, aggregated statistics about your use of our services and services with other companies.
- When You Give Consent–We may share information about you with other companies if you give us permission or direct us to share the information.
- When the Information Does Not Identify You–We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may combine information about you with information about other people and share the combined information in a way that does not link your information to you.
- When You Post While Using Our Services–If you post information while using our services, the information that you post may be seen by other visitors using our services, including your post information and your username.
How We May Allow Others to Collect Your Information
When you use our services, we may allow third parties to collect information about you by setting their own cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies. See “About Cookies, UUID, and Similar Technologies” Section to learn more about cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. The information collected by third parties may include the device, your operating system, your internet protocol (IP) address, the date and time that you accessed our service, and the subject of the ads you click or scroll over.
We allow third parties to collect this information within our services for the following purposes:
- To Display Ads for Products or Services–We allow some advertising companies to collect information to display ads on our mobile app that are most relevant to you. Please see “Your Choices” below for more information about opting out of these targeted display ads and offers.
- To Collect Information on How Our Services Are Used–We allow certain service providers to use the information collected on our services to help us learn about our audience and how people use our services. The companies that use this information for this purpose do not match the information to individual users. In other words, statistical information collected by third parties regarding the usage or performance of our service is not matched or linked to you.
- To Make the Services of Other Companies Work with Our Services–We allow companies to use special technologies to make certain parts of our services work.
- To Link, Your Activity on Our Services to Your Social Networks–We have added certain features to our services that allow social networks (such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+) to track the activities of their members or collect certain information. These features may include technologies called “plug-ins” and “widgets.” Plug-ins create a direct link between two websites, and widgets are interactive mini-programs that provide other companies’ services on our services. If you are concerned about the way a social network is tracking your activity, please contact the social network or review its privacy statement. For example, you can review Facebook’s data-use policy at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
About Cookies, UUID and Similar Technologies
We and others may use a variety of technologies to collect information about your device and use of our services. These technologies may include cookies, UUID, Android Referrer, Apple IFA, ODIN, etc.:
We mainly use these technologies for the following purposes:
- Service Functionality–Some technologies (considered “strictly necessary”) are required to allow you to access and use our services. Without these technologies, our services do not work properly.
- Performance MonitoringSome technologies (considered “performance” technologies) help us analyze and estimate traffic. They show us how visitors interact with our services, whether there are any errors, which pages are not used often, which pages take a long time to load, which pages users tend to visit and in what order. These technologies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how our services work and understand user interests.
- User Convenience – Some technologies (considered “functionality” technologies) remember information to save you the trouble of entering information every time you visit or use a particular service. For example, certain technology may remember your username to save you time when you log into your account.
- Marketing – Some technologies (considered “targeting or advertising” technologies) are used to tailor your experience on our services by controlling the promotions, advertisements and other marketing messages that may appear when you visit or use our services and help us learn which services you are using and how you are accessing information about us. We may use this information to personalize your use or to send you relevant promotions.
Managing Your Options
Promotional Communication Options
You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails, text messages, telephone calls, and mailings by informing us of your preference at the time you sign up for an account, modifying your promotional preferences in your account’s profile section, or adjusting your text and notification preferences in your mobile device’s settings or by following the opt-out instructions in the promotional emails we send you.
Alternatively, you may let us know that you do not wish to receive some or all of these promotional communications by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling us at 3124716700. When you call, please provide us the details of your store name, mobile app name, and the email addressed used to register for the app.
Please note that if you opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you non-promotional communications, including emails about your accounts or purchases.
Information Collection Options
You can also opt-out of the location information we collect about you:
- Location Information – When you use a smartphone or other mobile device to access our services, we may collect information about your physical location only if (a) “location services” for the mobile application is enabled, or (b) the permissions in the mobile device allow communication of this information. If you do not want us to collect your location information, you can opt-out of sharing this information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device.
In addition to adjusting the appropriate settings in your mobile device, many advertising companies that may collect anonymous information for advertising targeting purposes are also members of the Digital Advertising Alliance or the Network Advertising Initiative, both of which provide an opt-out of advertisement targeting from their members located at their respective websites at www.AboutAds.info and www.network advertising.org
Changing Your Information or Deleting Your Account
Once you opt to stop using our services and uninstall our application from all of your devices, your account will be deactivated; however, your account information will not be deleted. If you want to change your information, delete your account, or stop us from using your information, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section, below. We will make every effort to promptly respond to your request. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you ask us to delete your account, we generally retain and use your account information only as long as necessary to fulfill a business or law enforcement need.
How We Protect Your Information
RSA America protects your information using technical, physical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of your information. Some of our safeguards include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls, and administrative informational controls. When you transmit highly sensitive information through our mobile applications, we encrypt the transmission of that information using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. While we have employed security technologies and procedures to assist safeguarding your personal information, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Storing and Processing Your Information
Use by Minors
We do not intend for our services to be used by anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have collected information about a child, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section, below.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
This Statement went into effect on the date noted at the top of this page. We may update this Statement from time to time. If we make material changes, we will post the updated Statement on this page and change the date at the top of this page. We encourage you to look for updates and changes to this Statement by checking this date at the top of this page. We will notify you of any modifications to this Statement that might materially affect the way we use or disclose your personal information prior to the change becoming effective by means of a message on our mobile application.
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy.
You may contact RSA America at:
RSA America LLC
1821 Walden Office Square
Schaumburg, IL 60173